Thursday, September 22, 2005

R.I.P WinMX

So it appears WinMX is the latest file sharing program to be shut down. Music pirates the world over will soon have to resort to CD swapping.

So I don't get it; they're going to what? Shut down people writing file sharing programs? Start monitoring IRC, the various internet chat programs, and removing burnable CDs on the market? Infiltrate CD Burning Software projects to ensure they respect archaic laws? Fine everyone 25 and under and cause a recession, just because some artists are making less money? To exactly what lengths are governments going to go to stop this?

I strongly encourage the world to stand against this; as a wannabe professional musician, I do not give a rats ass whether music of mine is downloaded for free or I get 10 cents or whatever it is per released copy. The internet is supposed to transcend the will of any one tribe of humans. No government/corporation/secret society/whatever has a right to infringe on it.

On a side note, anyone in Edmonton, AB want to start a rock band? I play guitar with an influence ranging from AC/DC, old Rockabilly, Dick Dale, Ventures, Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Queen, Tom Petty and others I can't be bothered to think of right now. Punk/Garage/Surf/Metal/whatever, I'm not picky, I just want to get on stage and wail.
Substance abuse a must. Leave a comment if interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am all powerful. My name is Link. I hate Gannon. S.O.A.D wrote a song about me. You know, "Link, has come to town, come to save, the princess Zelda. Gannon took her away, now the children dont play, but they will, when Link saves the day, HALLELUJA!". Yea. You know me. And you know my Penis is extremely huge. I believe I hate Ralph Klien. He is the new Gannon and Albertas (Hyrule's) triforce (oil sands) is in his power. Therefore he can.... charge whatever he may for the..... triforce.... oil and such.... infinite power. Yes. Anyways, me and Zelda are off to do the dirty deed. You know, clean the eavestroughs. Then were gonna have sex. I will talk to you later. AL BOGRA!

.... said...

Cool, my first actual real comment.